Frequently Asked Questions
What is Yummr all about?
If you're looking for a place to connect with fellow foodies, you've come to the right place. This is the place to express your love for food and meet other people who are just as passionate as you are. As a member of Yummr you can look forward to access to news, promotions and prizes, while interacting with fellow members. Complete activities to earn food stamps towards exclusive gear and promotional items, earn more food stamps through answering polls, trivia and surveys, and communicate via our forums with fans of all ages.
How do I update my profile?
You must first be logged in to be able to update your profile. Click on the "About Me" link at the top of the page and you will see your profile details. You can add your favorite pictures, your basic information and user preferences. This is also where you can Opt-In or Opt-Out of receiving group email and text alerts. Selecting “yes” opens up a field for you to add in your mobile telephone number, which comes in handy when you need to send us moblog photos. Make sure you save your changes! Think of your profile like a blog or personal website where you can share information about yourself that others will see and read up on.
How do I earn "food stamps"?
You can earn "food stamps" by participating in all the activities on the community site. Each section lists the number of food stamps you earn for a particular activity. Sometimes you'll need to submit something to us and we'll need to approve it before your food stamps hit your account. Other times you might just make a really good comment or message board post and we'll dish out some "bonus food stamps". You'll even earn food stamps just for joining the team!
- You can earn food stamps by participating in various activities on the site posted by SuDoughName. Activity submissions can include submitting answers to questions on a particular topic, voting, submitting pics and/or files, and all sorts of other fun stuff. Activity food stamps are awarded as soon as we have a chance to review the submissions.
- Polls, Quizzes and Surveys
- Let your thoughts and ideas on all things Yummr (and other random things) be heard by completing surveys and answering quiz and poll questions. You'll earn food stamps the following ways:
- Surveys: Answer all the questions in the featured survey and you'll earn the maximum amount of food stamps stated.
- Quizzes: Think you know your stuff? You'll earn the food stamps if you correctly answer the quiz questions.
- Polls: Participate in the current online team poll and you will receive food stamps. Note that you can only vote once per poll.
- Earn food stamps for viewing each new link posted on this page, and then additional food stamps for distributing the links. Tools are provided to allow you to email and instant message links to friends, as well as generate links that you can post on your site, message boards, and chat rooms. Earn food stamps each time your links are clicked on by a different person. You can earn up to 100 food stamps per day by distributing links with this tool.
- Earn food stamps by recruiting new members to join the team. Tools are provided to allow you to email, instant message or text message invitations to friends.
- Galleries And Recipes
- All the cool pics and images you submit are posted in the galleries. Members can then make comments on the best ones and rate each item based on how much they like it.
You can search to find other members who live in your neck of the woods or those who have interests just like yours. You can even sort the results to be shown the way you want to see them! When the search results appear, you can check out other members' profiles and connect with them by sending friend requests and private messages.
You can keep in touch and discuss topics with your fellow team members in the message forums. The forums work like your typical message boards organized into topic areas. Try to post your messages in the topic that is most closely related to what you're talking about and always refrain from attacking other members. If you feel that people aren't using good judgment (i.e. posting obscenities, personal and racist attacks or other out-of-hand comments that simply don't belong here) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll oust anyone who's not playing by the rules. Please read the full message forums disclaimer here: forums.html#disclaimer.
Friends and Private Messages
You can add friends and send private messages to other members through the Members section or by viewing the individual's profile. You can view and keep track of your friends and private messages through the subsections of the About Me section. If someone has sent you a friend request/private message, the message will show up in your inbox and at the top of every page near your log-in information.
How do I increase my level?
Level promotions will be given to members who actively participate in all facets of the community. Please send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions about level promotions.
How do I redeem my "food stamps"?
The Bazaar is currently under construction, but stay tuned because we plan to add in some cool stuff very soon! Once you've earned a sufficient amount of food stamps, you can redeem them for prizes available in the Bazaar. You can save them up to cash in for bigger prizes or use them all along the way to more quickly reap the benefits of your hard work here at Yummr.
Why can't I claim a prize?
In order to claim a prize, you must have first earned enough food stamps for that item (in addition to any other items in your basket). Some prizes have a limit on the number each member can claim, and may only be available to members who have reached a minimum user level.
Why am I unable to "check out"?
Your user profile must contain accurate shipping information in order to receive your prizes. Click on "About Me", add/update your contact information in the Basic Info section, and then complete your check out. Only members residing in the US and Canada are allowed to claim prizes.
Once your order is successfully completed, you will receive a confirmation containing your order number. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your order.
Got More Questions?
Still don't know the answer to your question? Ask SuDoughName.