Gallery - Favorite Foodie Recipes
About This Gallery
There is nothing like coming home to the comforting aroma of your favorite dish, or cooking it yourself. Share that experience with the rest of the foodies here at Yummr by submitting a recipe of your favorite dish!
Submit your favorite recipes to us and include a photo of the dish, if you happen to have one handy. Make sure to be as descriptive as possible and don't forget to title your dish!
*Recipes do not have to be original creations, but please make sure to reference where your recipe came from if it isn't an original, ex.: foodnetwork.com.
*This activity allows unlimited submissions.
LAMB BURGERS W/TRADITIONAL TZAZIKI SAUCE
Posted by: sarahisafoodie on December 17, 2007
This is one of my favorite simple sandwich meals:
2.5 lbs ground lamb
1 small onion, diced fine
1 small jalapeno, diced fine (this is optional but great if you love a kick)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1.5 tsp oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced (doesn't have to be fresh)
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Mix lamb with onion, jalapeno, parsley, oregano, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and mix together, well. Formulate into patties.
2. Put on the grill (or george foreman) until it reaches your level of desired tenderness.
3. Serve the burgers in whole wheat pita pockets with tomato, lettuce, red onion and tzatziki.
Can be bought at the store pretty simply but it is best when it is homemade.
2 cups plain yogurt
2 cloves garlic, fresh
1/2 of a cucumber
2 tablespoons of fresh dill
salt to taste
1. Place the yogurt in a strainer lined with a piece of cheesecloth. Put the strainer in a larger bowl to catch any liquid that might seep through and place in the fridge overnight.
2. Peel and very finely chop the cucumber. Mix into yogurt with minced garlic, shopped dill, and salt to taste.